Ofsted Contact Number: 0300 123 1231

Phone Ofsted on their public enquiries contact number 0300 123 1231 to find a registered childminder in your area, for queries about a school inspection and to report an affiliated nanny for misconduct.

The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) are responsible for the inspection of all schools in the United Kingdom to check how they are complying with legislation. Therefore you can call their UK contact number 0300 123 1231 for general enquiries about a school report, to find the best educational institution in your local area and for a paper copy about recent findings. If you are a teacher or governor you can also call this helpline to complain about a recent Ofsted inspection and to dispute your ranking in their report.

You can call Ofsted from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday so you will not be able to discuss a school inspection report on weekends so for out-of-hours enquiries you may use their email address enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk. Calls are charged at normal UK local call rates which apply to all national 03 helplines as well as local 01 and 02 area code phone numbers, therefore free inclusive minutes can be used to contact Ofsted for no additional charge.


Private child care providers – 0300 123 1231

Contact Ofsted on their general enquiries phone number 0300 123 1231 to find a local registered childminder and to confirm the credentials of someone claiming to be an affiliated member. As well as having a database for childminders they also have the registration details of permanent nannies therefore you can call Ofsted to get in touch with a child care provider.

You may also call this helpline if you are a childminder or nanny to register your details with Ofsted, for technical support when logging into their online platform with your Government Gateway ID and for enquiries about your Self-Evaluation Form (SEF).


Report concerns to Ofsted – 0300 123 4666

Contact Ofsted immediately on their UK phone number 0300 123 4666 to report a school staff member, childminder or nanny if you suspect they are mistreating children. Trained advisors will then pass on your concerns to your local police force to ascertain whether any abuse has occurred.


Write to Ofsted

Letters to Ofsted should be sent directly to their Manchester head office using the postal address provided here:

Piccadilly Gate,
Store Street,
M1 2WD,
United Kingdom.